Happy Sunday! I’ve got some thoughts floating around in my head, I’ll be able to better deal with them if I get them out here. This is strictly a Stream of Consciousness (SOC) post. I got into the habit of writing these when Fadra used to host SOC Sunday. I don’t participate in the formal link up of SOC Sunday, I lost track of who is hosting it these days.
- Milestones: Yesterday my sister-in-law reminded me when we were talking about birthdays that we’ll be celebrating two milestone birthdays for our kids this year. Mr. Snugglebunny will be 10 next Sunday, it’s hard for me to accept that our baby is going into double digits. Mr. Skinny will be 18 this year, it’s so hard me to accept that our baby is going to be an ADULT! I didn’t give them permission to grow up, certainly never this fast. I still remember being pregnant with both of them, holding them for the first time, all of their firsts. Now we’re facing major milestones for them. Double digits, high school graduation, adulthood… Mr. Bubbinsky please hold me. And let’s not forget that my SIL is turning 19 on Tuesday, it’ll be her last year of teenagerness. I think I just made up a new word.
- The cold/flu thing that is going around is horrible. 4 out of 5 of us in the house have dealt with it. I saw my doctor on Tuesday and I got antibiotics, it was starting to feel like bronchitis. Since my medication regimen includes immune suppressant medications my doctor is very aggressive with any type of infection, including upper respiratory infections. I’ve had bronchitis many times before and I’ve had pneumonia twice. The second time I had pneumonia I was hospitalized for three days, we really don’t want a repeat of that.
- On Friday I was looking at possible races for this year. I’m going to switch to the 12-week half-marathon training plan to see if it will be feasible for me to run my first half-marathon in April instead of June. Depending on scheduling and training I’m looking at an organized running event for just about every month of the year. I think having the races to look forward to will keep me motivated and consistent with my running practice. It’s kind of like a meditation practice except I’m running and not sitting while I do it.
- January is such a hard time for us financially. Mr. Bubbinsky gets paid on the last working day of the month, in December it’s before Christmas. Now we wait until January 31st for his next paycheck. For as long as Mr. Bubbinsky has worked in education this has been the case, I don’t know why we continue to struggle with it every year, you would think we would have adjusted to it by now.
- I finally started reading earlier this week. I have 2 books finished and the 3rd one started. Spending a couple of days resting because I was sick was helpful for having time to read.
- Mr. Bubbinsky worked all day today. They had open house for new families to come look at his school for possible enrollment. He’s had such a long day already. Days like today are really hard on him because it means one less day to spend at home spending time with the kids. Today, for example, he had to miss Mr. Snugglebunny’s basketball game. Ah, such is the life of a principal.
- On Thursday, I was looking at the MyLiveSignature.com site so that I can add a cute signature to my posts. I didn’t finish because after looking at my name written in 120 different fonts it started to look misspelled to me. I looked at it again and again and I know I spelled my name right it just started to look wrong to me. I thought it was the funniest thing!
Seems like I got some of the extraneous stuff out of my head, it feels so much better to get stuff out where it’s not taking up mental energy by floating around in my head distracting me from everything else going on around me. Do you ever have times when you feel like that? How do you alleviate it?
This was a Stream of Consciousness (SOC) post, a brain dump where I just needed to get some things out of my head. I wrote until I felt like stopping. What about you? What’s on your mind?