A little over a month ago I turned 35. Since that day I’ve been working on compiling my “40 before 40″ list. It came to me as an idea when conversing with some friends online. I’ve seen lists like this around the Internet and I’ve been intrigued by what I would put on my list. As you can see it took me over a month to come up with the list.
Initially, I was just saying some things out loud – but I kept forgetting what I had said. Then I started a Note on my iPhone so wherever inspiration struck I could add another item to the list. I had some helpful input from Mr. Bubbinsky (hubby) and some friends, with their help I finished my iPhone list. However, the process didn’t feel complete. I absolutely HAD to write my list out on paper, in my Wonder Woman notebook, of course. While I was writing my list out I was able to fine tune it a bit more and now I present you with my complete list of “40 before 40.” I have until June 18, 2017, exactly 1793 days until my 40th birthday and to complete this list.
- Plant an herb & vegetable garden and enjoy the food from it. In other words, don’t kill the garden.
- Attend BlogHer and other conferences.
- Renew wedding vows with Mr. Bubbinsky.
- Take a photography class.
- Knit a sweater for myself.
- Take a cooking class.
- Take a baking class.
- Dance again.
- Walk long distance endurance events working up: 5K, 10K, 1/2 marathon, full marathon – Nike Women’s in San Francisco.
- Take yoga classes.
- Write a manuscript for a book.
- Travel out of the country.
- Travel out of California to a state that is not Nevada.
- Make exercise a regular part of my life, it’s an investment in being around for hubby and the kids.
- Raise money for an important cause yearly by participating in an event, i.e. Arthritis Walk for Arthritis Foundation, Northern California Chapter.
- Be debt free.
- Use coupons regularly.
- Learn to swim – for reals this time.
- Shop at the Farmer’s Market regularly.
- Knit the Dr. Who scarf.
- Go on a retreat.
- Walk across the Golden Gate Bridge, again.
- Teach someone something I love.
- Enroll in school every term to learn something, anything.
- Stick to my boundaries, especially when saying no.
- Travel somewhere by train.
- Donate blood.
- Spend a weekend away with Mr. Bubbinsky each year.
- Write at least 1,000 posts on this blog.
- Get to and maintain a healthy weight for my height.
- Establish a regular date night with Mr. Bubbinsky.
- Go to at least one SF Giants baseball game each season.
- Every year read more books than the previous year.
- Test drive a car with a HEMI in it.
- Indoor rock climbing.
- Learn a musical instrument proficiently.
- Get a new tattoo.
- Rediscover my passion.
- Go to live performances including music and theater.
- Make every day better than the day before. It’s been my mantra as a mom and I will continue to do this for my kids, my husband and mostly myself in some way, shape or form.
And of course, I’ll write my “50 before 50″ list.
So as a thank you for your your readership I would like to shower you with gifts on this the day of my 200th post.
I will give away 4 “gift packs” – each one includes a paperback copy of The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks. I received these as part of hosting a House Party for the release of the movie, they sent 14 copies of the book and there were not 14 of us at the party, so I’m going to share the wealth with you. If you already have the book or would prefer not to have it, let me know and it can be it’s own standalone prize for more gift receivers. Each “gift pack” also includes zippered bags hand made my me. The bags are different sizes and are all lined with a coordinating print.
Now that you’ve seen the list and seen the gifts, here’s what you need to do: Leave a comment sharing something on your bucket list, let me know which gift pack you’d like (they’re numbered in the caption), and let me know if you want the book. I’ll draw names for the winners. Easy Peezy Lemon Squeezy!
UPDATE: We have winners! I wrote names/preferences on post-its, folded them up and had Mr. Snugglebunny pull them out of a “hat”.
He picked: Sara Ford, Leah Sawkins, Robyn, Audrey Martin, and Palmetto Queen. One person didn’t want a book allowing for an extra prize to be awarded. Congratulations ladies!